Thursday, January 27, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Internet Radio

 

Roy,

For Internet radio, I generally use Amarok with a script to run the Shoutcast streams.

For discovering new artists, I strongly recommend you check out the annual SXSW samplers--one song each from most of the hundreds of bands that perform at the South by Southwest music festival in Austin each year. The 2010 collection, for example, is well over five gigabytes.

A site that has them available back to 2005 is http://sites.google.com/site/sxswtorrent/

Since these are in just about every musical genre you can imagine, there will be stuff you won't like, but quite likely much that you will like very much.

If you get all five years currently available, you'll have enough tunes to keep you busy for quite a while just going through it all--and the 2011 festival is about 50 days away, I believe, so there will be a new compilation coming in a couple months or so.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do...

David

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I have begun to listen to internet radio while I work. I mainly listen
> to news or to music to discover new artists.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment