Thursday, January 20, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] usb floppy

Typically Linux only mounts a drive when there is something in it. Try
inserting a blank disk or a disk with data on it. It should auto mount and
show in the drop down from the usb icon in the notification area in the top
right or in the side panel in Nautilus (file manager).

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 15 January 2011 04:42, rootessa <krtj@live.com> wrote:

>
>
> I've had Linux for almost 2 months and am substantially less confused than
> I was. YAY! I've been using Windows since the very beginning of Windows &
> DOS before that so I'm pretty literate in Windows. I'm also not afraid of
> this machine! I have a laptop & have tried to get it to recognize a USB
> floppy drive without success. I know the drive works. Can anyone tell me
> what I need to do? I've asked several sources & have gotten a different
> answer everytime, none of which work.Thanks
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment