Monday, June 27, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] 2.2. Re: New to group with QUESTION

 

2.2. Re: New to group with QUESTION
Posted by: "g.linuxducks" g.linuxducks@gmail.com linuxducks
Date: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:12 pm ((PDT))

The only reason I am trying to hook up Linux dial up is like if I were to
change dsl providers I would have a dial up account free to use while
waiting which for one is 10 hours free a month from Juno.com.

There has to be somebody out here that uses Linux on dial up ! will they
please answer !

I am a subscriber to Juno ISP and you will not be able to access Juno if you have Linux. You have to use their Windows proprietary software to access Juno ISP. They seem to not care about us Linux users. My feeling is both ISP's and Linux are trying to phase out dial up service. I have used Linux to connect to dial up ISP's, using hardware modems (Linux friendly hardware) and older distro's using Kppp. The newer Distro's are much harder to work with. Mark

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment