Sunday, June 26, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to group with QUESTION

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "g.linuxducks" <g.linuxducks@...> wrote:
>
> Aha I think there is the answer then but....
>
> you wrote ...
> <<<First, to the best of my knowledge, no computer on the retail market
> today, comes equipped with a dial-up modem card installed, but almost
> all modern computers have ethernet cards installed, or, more likely,
> have ethernet on the mainboard. >>>
>
> Huh ? All computers come with a dial up v.92 modem installed as original
> hardware along with everything else, ram, drive, drawers, etc (desktop). I
> think I missed your meaning. I am guessing you mean an additional modem
> "card". I have never seen any come with a wireless modem card (desktop)
> although virtually all newer laptops and notebooks ship with the new
> software wireless modem - no card necessary anymore.

No, computers today do not usually come with Modems. I buy the
computers for my company and a modem is now an extra charge that
we never add on. The Modem has gone the way of the floppy in
the new world.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment