Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Using Terminal Applications

 

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 02:00:00PM -0000, Gabrielle wrote:
> Greetings, I have the latest Ubuntu on a Toshiba Satellite L505 Laptop.
> I am now ready to go to the next step in learning the wonderful world of Linux. I downloaded a program called "Kismet", which works like net stumbler. So, when I downloaded it, it said it is accessed by the terminal. It also does not show up in my regular applications. I see that I have an icon for terminal and went there and tried typing in just kismet and I just became confused. So, I need a "how to use terminal for dummies", I did go through the files section first, with no success. Any suggestions of how to learn how to input and use terminal applications in an easy to follow step by step manner? Thank you, Gabrielle.
>

I'm not sure how the latest Ubuntu's unity works, but as you guessed,
you open the terminal application.

So....there you are at a command prompt. Now, typing kismet was a good
idea, and might have opened it. Unfortunately, apparently it didn't.
Many programs have some documents.

Ahhh, even though this is for Ubuntu 7.04, it will probably work.

http://www.twistedethics.com/2007/04/25/how-to-setup-kismet-in-ubuntu-704/

See if that's useful.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

All: We can face anything.
Anya: Except for bunnies

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment