Monday, June 27, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to group with QUESTION

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Lieberman" <quartz@...> wrote:
>
> Here is an update on what has been happening.
>
> 1) Installed supporting documents for WVdial
> 2) Installed WVdial
> 3) Installed gnomeppp
>
> Machine did not find a modem (drivers were installed)
> Manual said to download gnome-network-admin package (did it from RIT)
> When I opened it, it only has 3 tabs (documentation says it has four and the
> first is where I can tell the machine to recognize the modem for dialup.)
>
> Very frustrated at this point.
>
> Fred
>

Fred,
Hang in there. I can't provide much except encouragement at this
point, but I know the group can get you through this. Please be
patient with us as almost everyone here has used DSL, Fiber, Cable,
or satellite for years. The first time I installed Linux which was
in the 90s I had ISDN so the last time I used dial-up had to be
with Windows NT back in the mid-90s.

I put this search "linux hardware modems" in Google and got a good
set of responses including a $28 dollar Trendnet modem that linked
to a review on Newegg.com specifically mentioning he had used it
for Linux.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment