Monday, June 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Database suggestion

 

Thank you!

Yvette

On Jun 27, 2011 11:31 PM, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:

**

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Yvette Davis <atlanteanproductions@...>
wrote:
>
> My husb...
> <snip>

>
> Can you guys recommend a different database creation program for Ubunutu?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yv...

> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
The main two are MySQL and PostgreSQL. I have used MySQL a little and
PostgreSQL a lot. Coming from an Oracle SQL background with 18 years
of experience, I had no trouble using PostgreSQL. I did have to
spend a little time with their manual but those are well documented
and pretty easy to use. I did all of my work at the command line
though there are some GUI tools available.

From my little time with MySQL, I had no real difficulty using it
either. For it I found two very nice accessories that run in
the GUI in the Ubuntu repositories. I spent more time in the GUI
than command line, but both worked well.

FWIW, I use mostly classic SQL not the new ANSI SQL. If he has
been doing SQL that long, he might know the classic version. I
can tell you that both work fine with that.

Loyal

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment