Saturday, June 25, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to group with QUESTION

 

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, outside one magazine all other sources I have seen are DVD's.

Fred

From: Scott
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:43 AM
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] New to group with QUESTION

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 05:32:06PM -0400, Fred Lieberman wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> I am not worried about downloading large programs. I go to the local library and download what I need on a thumb drive.
>
> Cannot use a DVD. The CD portion is working but not the DVD player.

Knowing nothing about your system or financial situation (to some
people, $20.00 is a lot), you can usually get an external DVD burner (I
use one on occasion with a netbook) for around $20.00 at Newegg.com

These days, it's almost essential. I believe that even Ubuntu is going
to soon change to DVD rather than CD.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment