Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Wont boot..help

I've decided to download Fedora, Arch and Debian.

I'll leave Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on as my primary OS for the moment, just because
it's familiar. I'm adding a partition for Debian and a partition for Arch.
If I give each OS 50 Gigs, that will still leave me 150G for my data
partition. Then, I'll run Fedora from the live CD to see if I like it.

My goal is to become familiar and comfortable in as many Linux Distros as
possible. I've used Puppy and DSL on an older machine. I also used Mint for
a while on one of my kids' machines, but I didn't like it and went back to
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Part of this distro exploration came about because I downloaded the most
recent version of Ubuntu yesterday as part of my computer restore efforts. I
figured since I had to re- install anyway I'd update to the newest version.
I *hate* it. I'm too attached to my standard 10 work spaces and the ability
to pin short cuts to the top and bottom panel. I hated that side scroll
thing. It was in the way, and hard to get to when my desktop was filled with
windows. So, I re-installed the 10.04 LTS and decided to try a new OS or
two.

Yvette


On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote

> **
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:25:06PM -0500, Yvette Davis wrote:
> > That is very helpful. Thank you, Scott.
>
> Let us know what you decide. :)
>
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
> ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
>
> Spike: Whatcha doin', love?
> Drusilla: I'm naming the stars.
> Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also
> it's day.
> Drusilla: No, I can see them. But I've named them all the same
> name, and there's terrible confusion.
>
>
>

--
Yvette Davis
Natural Health Consultant, Herbalist, Writer
www.msquill.com


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment