Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to group with QUESTION

 

Hi Scott,

Thanks for realizing that I am a newbie and this subject is difficult for me. Unfortunately, most educators and people who write books on this subject have no idea how to communicate to a person like me.

I will first check the second webpage. The first one may be well above my understanding and will take me a long time to decode.

Fred

>
> this should tell you everything you ever needed to know about serial ports and more:
>
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO.html

The new user might find all that extraneous information somewhat, errm,
extraneous.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-configure-modem-to-connect-to-the-internet-using-a-ppp-dialup-account.html

seems to be more useful for the beginner.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment