Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] browser

 

Hi Bart,

You wrote:

> ... Still, I was getting sick of any time I looked up a product for a
> friend, I suddenly found myself inundated with advertisements for
> similar products.
LOL--you've noticed, too. Not just doing for
friends, either. We have a new toy at work
with little instruction and lots of frustration
so I joined a microscope list and guess what
most of the adds on Google and other sites
were about.

> More on topic, I use TOR on a Linux VM, especially when checking out
> unknown sites, because it is much safer from viruses, and I can just
> delete and regenerate the VM if I do get attacked (a good reason to do
> all your browsing on a VM, regardless of your prime OS).

Interesting since my dream setup would be
on Linux (fairly likely) but with a VM to use
software that requires Windows (not WINE).

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (36)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment