Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Installing TOS

 

On 02/04/14 04:43, rvdidit@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Bran new to this Ubuntu OS. I installed it because I need to run my
> trading platform (TOS) on it.
> TOS = Think or swim.
> They say that some folks have installed it and gotten it to work on
> Linux, but that would likely take me years to figure out myself.
>
> I downloaded the TOS installer, but upon dbl clicking it, I get the
> message that it cannot open the file.
> I honestly cannot even find the applications folder in Linux.
>
> any ideas, help or advice welcome.
> Thanks.
> Ross
>

There is probably an ubuntu icon at the top left of the bar on the
screen, click on that brings up the 'hud' with the default search bar.
type the name or a word into it (try install) to find software.

Try right clicking the install file, and open with ubuntu software centre

--

Trevor

E-mail Trevor@nb-ladynada.co.uk
Rovert.nosraep@gmail.com
trev15evil@yahoo.co.uk
trevorpearson03@btinternet.com
trevor.pearson@bcs.org

Skype rovertsky

Web Site www.nb-ladynada.co.uk

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment