Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What next?

 



good morning
when I started with Linux
I tried 20 Live CDS
and I am glad
I did it.

Regards
Sophie

Am 24.03.2014 14:25, schrieb Bart Lidofsky:
> On 3/23/2014 11:16 AM, Gene Henley wrote:
>>
>> I aspire to be Linux Newbie. So, I will pay close attention. I
>> downloaded a Mint distro,and I bought an Ubuntu CD from ebay. I think
>> I`ll try Ubuntu. I want to find out how. I have several Dell Pc`s that
>> had XP and also one with custom Intel,that I use in a home business. I
>> also a Macs with Snow Leopard and Leopard. These are keepers. I intend
>> to trash all the XP OS`s. I intend to load Ubuntu into one of these
>> computers,and take myself into a learning curve. I search for the how?
>> How can I load Ubuntu into a Dell that I have erased hard drive? I`m
>> open to mentoring.
>>
>
> If you haven't erased your hard drive yet, start out by booting to
> the CD for what is called "Live Linux". It isn't terribly useful (none
> of the changes you make can be saved), but it will give you a basic idea
> of how Linux will run on the computer. In order to temporarily boot to
> the CD, reboot the computer and, when the Dell logo appears, press F12
> several times. Then play.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (54)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment