Sunday, December 26, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Dual boot question

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I meant that when you copy a DVD it creates a folder in /tmp of the root
> directory to stores the various files found on a 9 GB DVD. This is the case
> even if you are using DVDshrink or DVD95. They don't happen in real time,
> even if you have two DVD drives. It is copied first to the hard drive then
> copied to DVD when all is done copying. This does not have to be illegal
> copying because people can make archival copies so the kids can play Disney
> DVDs without destroying the originals. It could also mean copies of
> uncopyrighted DVDs. It could also mean piracy, since Linux leaves it up to
> the end user to police their own actions. We hope not, but this still occurs
> (or so I am told). :)
>
> I make a lot of my own videos but do not exceed a standard DVD because the
> dual layer ones are too expensive.
>
> I think AVIs and the like are ripped to the home folder, but I have not done
> this in years so could be wrong.
>
> Roy
>

The "it" that I use is mencoder and "it" doesn't do anything I do not explicitly tell "it" to. I don't know how DVDs have anything to do with piracy. Well at least I wouldn't be caught boarding any ship I was attacking wielding a small disc of plastic! A dagger, a pistol, or a cutlass sure, but a DVD? No. Argh!

Redbeard Paul

P.S. I guess some DVDs could be weapons, now surrender or we'll project Freddy Got Fingered onto your sails again!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment