Saturday, December 25, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: fedora-- what program is needed

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 02:09:35PM -0000, Paul wrote:

> > For me the command was:
> > aptitude install sun-java6-bin
>
> Fedora's mission statement points out that they won't supply Sun java,
> as it's not completely opensource. (They don't specifically mention
> Sun, but this is in terms of flash, NVidia drivers, and the like.)
>
> This can be argued back and forth,
> but it's the way they do it. However, it's quite simple--the guide I
> mentioned yesterday walks you through the steps--basically, you download
> the binary from Oracle, nee Sun, and run 3 commands, spelled out in the
> mjmwired guide. Dave's script (the easylife) might do it, but I think
> he uses the ice tea.)
>
>
> --
> Scott Robbins

Thanks but don't tell me I'm done. I'm the one that said, "For me the command was aptitude install sun-java6-bin".

And I thought Debian were pains about FOSS. Jeez!

Paul -- who doesn't really care just so long as it works.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment