Thursday, December 30, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Dual boot-up

 

My pc a compaq presario which allows me to dual boot with a menu on startup.
Cannot remember if I had to download the app from hp/compaq, or if it was in the
bios. Just a tip, when you install linux on the other hd, disconnect you windows
hd, just incase linux takes over the mbr. Boot from the linux cd and install on
the hd you selected. Once done then reconnect your windows hd. Rather safe than
sorry.

John (Newbie)

________________________________
From: Ken <kdfraze@yahoo.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, 30 December, 2010 1:56:05
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Dual boot-up

Hello,
I want to set up a dual boot system and I was wondering, what do I have to do
for this? Will I have to set it up in the bios? I have two hard drives.

Thanx
Ken

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment