Monday, December 20, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] newbie: firmware flash now cannot access slug

 


a breakthrough.
I'm in.
I actually managed to get the slug into upgrade mode, but what was different
this time is I had no network cable plugged in. In the past when trying to
get this mode I had the network cable plugged in and it never worked.
Anyway, once I had the light in alternating colours I plugged in a cable and
did the upslug2 thing and it picked up the slug, so I then did:
# upslug2 --target="00:18:39:a5:89:9a" --image="Unslung-6.10-beta.bin" and
it flashed up new firmware. After much faffing about I finally got the web
interface up so I'm kind of back where I started, except this time I have an
unslung logo in the upper left hand corner.
Don't know what to do next now so it's back to the documents...

thanks for all your help.
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/newbie%3A-firmware-flash-now-cannot-access-slug-tp30491664p30502554.html
Sent from the Nslu2 - Linux mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Be a homeroom hero! Help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment