Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] telnet and password

 

This should help I think.
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/FAQ/CantTelnetToMyNewlyUnslungNSLU2
Steve



On 10-12-21 12:41 PM, tonjg wrote:

 


I can't solve the problem of a password to get into telnet with drive
attached. I flashed my device with unslung (no drive attached), all went
fine except that I don't get any prompt to enter a username and password,
the slug just does it and then reboots.
If I then start the slug without a drive attached I can telnet in (using
root and uNSLUng) and I set the password, but then I get:
'This system is currently running from the internal flash memory,
it has NOT booted up into "unslung" mode from an external drive.

In this mode, very few services are running, and available disk
space is extremely limited. This mode is normally only used
for initial installation, and system maintenance and recovery.'
so then I shut down, attach a (newly formatted) drive and reboot and the
password no longer works.
I've also tried flashing the slug with a drive attached, Again I never get
any prompt asking for a password but I cannot telnet in afterwards because
it rejects every password. What is the procedure to sort the telnet password
with drive attached?
the documents say install openssh but first you have to telnet in, which
can't be done because no password works.
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/telnet-and-password-tp30509091p30509091.html
Sent from the Nslu2 - Linux mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment