Sunday, December 26, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Dual boot question

 

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 08:21:24AM -0500, Roy wrote:

>
> I make a lot of my own videos but do not exceed a standard DVD because the
> dual layer ones are too expensive.

Totally off-topic, but I have found, if you search around and don't need
too many, that you can sometimes get good deals on Dual Layer.
>

> I think AVIs and the like are ripped to the home folder, but I have not done
> this in years so could be wrong.

I do it by command line--not sure how the GUI tools will do it, but
generally, I use my /home directory for the ripping. These days, I have
lots of room, but I remember testing a VM by doing it, and finding that
an 8 or 10 GB Ubuntu virtual install wasn't enough room. On the other
hand, I'd used up 4 GB by copying the DVD iso file to the Ubuntu
installation.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Buffy: Then why with the crazy?
Riley: Because I'm so in love with you I can't think straight.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment