Thursday, December 23, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Dual boot question

 

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:10:35PM -0500, William Horne wrote:
> Can I set aside 20 GB to install Ubuntu is that enough or is more needed?
> Also once I am comfortable with the install, could I using partition magic
> in Windows XP enlarge the patition?
>

Yes, and yes. (I'm guessing PM can handle the partitions, when I had
it, way back when, it was able to handle the standard Linux partitions
of that time.

You will also be able to enlarge it with gparted, a similar tool in
Ubuntu.

Enlarging is easier (and quicker) than shrinking. Before shrinking the
Windows partition (when you're ready to do so), be sure to scan and
defrag, and back up what you really need.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Riley: Way I heard it. You were all peaceable now. You didn't by
any chance go and lose that pesky soul again, did you?
Angel: Don't push me, boy.
Riley: Now what possibly could've happened with Buffy that would
make you lose your soul?
Angel: That'd be between me and her.
Riley: Where do you think you're going?
Angel: Going to see an old girlfriend.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment