Friday, December 24, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: fedora-- what program is needed

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "drew_82001" <drew_82001@...> wrote:
>
> installed fedora on system its all new to me,im lost(LOL).downloaded adobe flash and java fine.Now problem is what program do I use to open and install.PLEASE HELP thank you
>

I never ran Fedora but I hope that you have some sort of built in package installer to get and install both packages for you. They're both pains and seem to need constant security updates. Better to let the system handle them.

I just noticed I never bothered installing Java here myself. Whoops I guess I need to fix that!

For me the command was:
aptitude install sun-java6-bin

Now I might have to make a symbolic link from the plug in to the plugins directory. I won't know until I restart the browser.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment