Sunday, October 4, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Format of time and date to send to Linux system?

 

Hi. I'm an embedded programmer, doing code for a board that is part of a distributed system that will interface to a Linux central controller. My board does not run an OS.

I need to send time and date info from an on-board battery backed clock to the Linux system for time-stamping events, and it needs to send me info if my clock has a dead battery.

I'm trying to find out what format Linux wants, so that when I send it up to central, the guy handling that end will have less work to do. There's nobody to ask yet since that job isn't filled.

My clock chip is hh:mm:ss. In searching the web, it seems Linux time is kept as a raw time since 1970, but my little processor can't handle the work to go into and out of that format.

So my question is: Is there a standard Linux format for transmitting time in hh:mm:ss format, and if so, what are the system calls that use it?

Thanks very much,

Lloyd

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment