Friday, March 16, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Mint is great!

 

I like Mint as well and I noticed that it became the #1 downloaded distro since Ubuntu started using its new Unity desktop instead of the stable GNOME.

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Robert C Wittig <wittig.robert@...> wrote:
>
> On 7/24/2011 12:12 AM, Zed wrote:
> > "jerold222"<jerold222@...> wrote:
>
> >> What I am considering is picking up an an old Thinkpad T60 with out an OS,
> >> 60 to 80 Gb, 1 to 2 Gb Ram and a DVD RW (100 to 150 US$)and loading Linux
> >> Mint. What are your thoughts?
> >>
> >> At this point I do not want to partition my good desktop PC.
> >
> > Excellent choice. I have a T60 with similar specifications and run
> > LinuxMint (LMDE) without any trouble at all.
> >
> > Zed
>
> I too am running Linux Mint, but on a Desktop. It is a nice
> distribution... good for the new Linux user, and also, for the more
> experienced user.
>
> Occasionally, with any distro, there is always the chance that there is
> some odd piece of hardware in the machine that might create a problem.
>
> With a laptop, there is less ability to swap out problematic hardware,
> than is the case with a Desktop machine.
>
> From past experience, I would say you have good odd that the install
> will go smoothly.
>
>
>
> --
> http://www.robertwittig.com/
> http://robertwittig.net/
> http://robertwittig.org/
> .
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment