Tuesday, March 20, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: ubuntu...

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> compromise, GNOME 2 users. Their solution is to install an older distro
> such as Debian stable. That will by you at least two years of time, but
> change is inevitable even there.
>
> Roy

I suppose no computer lasts forever. I have run the same install for about 7 years straight though. Of course with Linux being Linux if I want to make the effort I can build up systems identical to what I ran 15 years ago if the mood strikes me.

That is one of the upsides of open source. You can backport code to work now. An option which isn't available to the closed source world.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment