Tuesday, March 20, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: File /etc/profile ignored by Bash

 

I use a 'normal shell' and a 'root shell' at the same time, that's why I want to configure settings for root. By 'shell' I mean terminal emulators, a yellow background for the normal user, a blue one for root as a reminder as to when I might break things on the command line. I find this preferable to using 'sudo'.
Symlinking the .bashrc files under /root and the HOME-directory seems not such a good idea to me. So someone advised me to put aliases, functions, color settings and so on in /etc/profile. Thus they would be to all users.

Feel free to criticize my reasoning,

Pascal
---------------------------------------------

Sent from mercilessly proprietary mobile device while on the run...

Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Strasse 7
12161 Berlin

Cell: +49 152 55 87 27 88
Phone: +49 30 32 66 58 00

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment