Thursday, March 22, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: File /etc/profile ignored by Bash

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Pascal Bernhard <pascal.hasko@...> wrote:
>
> The reason why I want the Bash settings available to everyone, is that I'm the only user on my computer. Sometimes as regular user, sometimes as root when doing administrative things. So far I haven't had the time to learn ZSH, which is said to be far superior to Bash and may have different options to achieve what I want.

Even though you are the user and the system administrator you still need to wear different hats when you play out each role. So it makes sense if your root account is different than your user account.

There are other shells but so far bash does everything I need.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment