Thursday, March 15, 2012

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: New to Linux

 

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Paul <pfrederick1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> You run your graphics accelerated? I've never had the best of luck with ATI hardware on Linux.
>

I've been wondering about ATI acceleration lately. A Compaq/HP mini
Tower I just got has an ATI Radeon 3100 (or a HD 3100, if you prefer
the spec sheet over lspci). I wasn't having much luck with the open
source driver to see video on the screen at all. Finally got the
proprietary one installed and configured properly ( i think). I don't
really know how to "evaluate" how well the acceleration is working.
flgrx_gears silliness gives ~300 fps over a few minutes. I've got no
idea what it is actually supposed to be. But some other yoker at
least has similar:
<http://global.phoronix-test-suite.com/?k=profile&u=pete-2286-21397-9179>

Doesn't seem much better (or worse) than intell integrated graphics,
other than setup and actually getting a driver to work.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment