Monday, March 19, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: File /etc/profile ignored by Bash

 

Thanks for the numerous responses. I will have a look into your suggestions when I have time this evening. Well, I forgot to mention that I'  talking about terminal emulators, more precisely GNOME's emulator "terminal". I will check the behaviour with ALT+CTRL+F2 and see how Bash behaves there. I put aliases in several files, since I noticed that they didn't get sourced, so I figured that by Bash might read one of them. Putting them in one of them should suffice, provided that the system ist configured correctly. Which obviously is not the case with mine. :-p

 
Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Strasse 7
12161 Berlin

+49 152 / 55 87 27 88
+49 30   / 32 66 58 00

Je me regarde pour me désoler,
je me compare pour me consoler.

(Maurice de Talleyrand)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment