Sunday, March 18, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: I prefer GNOME

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "iloveubuntulinux" <valchaulinux@...> wrote:
>
> I have always preferred GNOME but now having tried the new Unity desktop for Ubuntu, I think it's ok. I don't really like what they chose to have on their sidebar.
>

I can remember when Gnome was so unstable that even when Bug Buddy popped up it'd crash. It was pretty bad. Back then I didn't like KDE or Gnome, I ran WindowMaker.

Now I have to say Gnome is pretty rock solid, but I still don't like it better than KDE 3.5.10. I prefer a contemporary Gnome over KDE 4.1 too.

I need to explore the *box offerings a bit more. I've one system I use fluxbox on and if it just had a few more features I'd ditch all windowing environments for it. As it is it is so minimal as to be inconvenient for practical use though.

I hear good things about xfce too, but I've never given it a try. I'm looking at its website now and it might fill the bill for me. I think I may give it a test drive today in fact.

But I've another build project I haven't completed successfully yet. So maybe not.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment