Thursday, March 22, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: File /etc/profile ignored by Bash

 

Learning by breaking, good point!

Finally I got the alias issue resolved. It was a rather stupid thing and my own fault. The .bashrc was completely
empty for a reason I cannot even imagine. I remember quite well editing it. I copied the .bashrc from my HOME directory to /root, sourced it and now everything seems to work fine. That's, until it doesn't anymore of course.

If it ain't broken, tweak it until it is!

The reason why I want the Bash settings available to everyone, is that I'm the only user on my computer. Sometimes as regular user, sometimes as root when doing administrative things. So far I haven't had the time to learn ZSH, which is said to be far superior to Bash and may have different options to achieve what I want.

Again, thanks for all your help,

Pascal

---------------------------------------------

Sent from mercilessly proprietary mobile device while on the run...

Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Strasse 7
12161 Berlin

Cell: +49 152 55 87 27 88
Phone: +49 30 32 66 58 00

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment