Saturday, March 10, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: LTS isn't LT enough for me these days

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> He did not cut Kubuntu off at the knees.

Yes he did!

> results. I think better them than me. Kubuntu is outstanding. KDE is the
> desktop right now. I am not saying that because I use it.

Yes you are.

It has been
> chosen by several groups and in surveys as the top DE for 2011. KDE is
> releasing their own tablet. They have their own tablet interface (Plasma
> Active). Unlike GNOME Shell, Cinnamon and Unity there is no host of
> disgruntled users.

I can't stand KDE 4.X Been there, run that, I use Gnome now on systems that have KDE 4.X. Not because I'm any big fan of Gnome mind you, but because I'm too lazy to rip KDE 4.X out and put KDE 3.5 in. It is a lot of work! So there's one disgruntled user for you, the only one that matters to me too!

BTW this box has KDE 3.5.10 in it and I'm using it right now. Rather happily I might add.

Random screener:

http://i.imgur.com/jcczh.jpg

With all of my leet Quake mod icons.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment