Saturday, March 10, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: LTS isn't LT enough for me these days

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> This is total FUD.
>
> Ubuntu has the financial backing of Mark Shuttleworth

How can you, of all people, a Kubuntu user, defend him? He cut your distribution off at the knees! Anyhow we'll have to wait and see where Ubuntu is 5 years from now. I already know I don't like where they're at now. But I give them a try every now and again just to see what is up.

Right now I'm on the fence between Gentoo and Arch which distribution I'm going towards next. Well, right now I'm 100% Debian but I've soured of package management lately. Really what happened was I installed Squeeze on a laptop I have here and ran into some ah, let me say operational issues.

For whatever reasons if I wanted my wifi to work I had to run apache? You just got to love idiotic dependencies.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment